The use of sales notifications as social proof is not particularly new. It has been employed by numerous companies in the past with varying degrees of success. On the other hand, the way these notifications are being used is new.
When sales notifications first became popular, they were used to inform customers that a product or service had recently been purchased and that they might also be interested in doing so. Today, however, the use cases go beyond merely informing customers about what others are buying and have begun to incorporate user reviews and customer testimonials from social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
These days, whether you’re ordering a dress for your sister’s wedding or a pair of shoes for yourself, you can expect to see these notifications on almost every e-commerce website you visit.
To activate ProveSource using an API key in the toolkit, you’ll typically need to follow these steps:
1. First, create your free account or log in to your ProveSource account and navigate to the settings or API section to find your API key.
If you can’t find it, refer to ProveSource’s official documentation or contact their support.
2. Now, go to your Toolkit settings.
Provesource is usually located under “Settings” > “Social Proof”
Look for a field labeled “API Key” or something similar. Paste your ProveSource API key into this field
3. After pasting the API key, make sure to save your changes. This might involve clicking a “Save” or “Update” button at the bottom of the settings page.
4. To ensure that the integration is working correctly, you can perform a test by creating a notification or activity and checking if it displays on your website.
5. With ProveSource integrated into your Toolkit, you can now customize the types of notifications you want to display and monitor the social proof elements to see how they affect user engagement.
6. Make sure to clear your website cache and visit your website to complete the installation.
Note: If you encounter any difficulties, it’s recommended to refer to the official ProveSource documentation or reach out to their support for assistance.